The original Muckle Roe Chapel was built in 1911. The vestry was added at a later date, along with the stained glass window in the north end, which was put in during the 1950's. The chapel has been kept in good condition and the original slate roof is still in place. The renovation began in 2013. Richard Gibson Architects Ltd were responsible for the design. The main contractors were Leask and Wood, with BA Builders doing the foundation work. Work was completed in Summer 2014.